CV Joint and Boot Services
Christmas trading hours: Hycraft Automotive will be closed on December 21 and is re-opening on January 2. Schedule your car service online to ensure trouble free motoring during holiday season!
The wheels and transmission are connected through the CV joint and boot system. This system ensures a smooth speed, even turning and proper wear on the tyres. Issues with this system often spring from a cracked boot. If you are experiencing vibration in the wheel or a clicking sound when turning, make an appointment with the friendly team at Hycraft Automotive. We can have you safely back on the road in no time!
Why Work With Hycraft Automotive
- Peace of Mind: The work of our team comes with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee, giving you the peace of mind which you deserve.
- Great Mechanics: The Hycraft Automotive family is kept up to date on all of the latest services and parts thanks to ongoing training seminars and service bulletins offered from Repco.
- Great Value: As part of the Repco network we have access to great vendors, as well as the spare parts network, allowing us to get the work done while staying in your budget.
CV Joint and Boot Services from Hycraft Automotive include:
- CV Axle Half Shaft Replacement
- CV Joint Repair
- CV Joint Replacement
- CV Boot Repair
- CV Boot Replacement
- Rzeppa Ball Joint Replacement
- Tripod Joint Replacement
- Thompson Constant Velocity Joint Replacement
- High Pressure Grease Application
Signs of CV Joint and Boot System Issues
For proper turning, a smooth ride and controlled speed, the CV joint and boot system in your vehicle must be in good working order. Damage to this system from uneven terrain or wear and tear can make it dangerous for your family to be on the road. Signs that you may have an issue with the CV joint and boot system include:
- Clicking sound when turning which may be caused from a loss of the high pressure grease due to a cracked boot.
- Growling when the vehicle is in motion due to a broken or loose CV joint.
- Vibrations when accelerating due to a broken boot.
- Grease spots around the boot indication that there is a crack and that there is a loss of high pressure grease.
Keep your family safe by making an appointment for CV joint and boot service with the friendly mechanics at Hycraft Automotive!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 4:30PM